Requirements by the ELOC program and the Office of Graduate Programs:
- Full-time employment in a professional or managerial position at the time of application/entry is required.
- At a minimum three years of professional or managerial experience with significant decision-making authority (e.g., experienced managers, small or family business owners, management consultants, human resources or technical professionals).
- A Personal Statement essay
- A Current Career essay
- Future Career Direction essay
- Current resume
- Official transcripts from previous degree-granting universities
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which could be a letter of nomination or support from student’s current organization.
- Cover forms must be attached with each letter of recommendation.
In addition, international students must demonstrate their English proficiency by scoring 600 or above in TOEFL. There is no GMAT or GRE requirement for the program.
Each applicant will be reviewed by a committee consisting of at least three full-time faculty members, current students, and advisory board members before admission is granted.
Be Part of Our Next Class
We are now accepting applications for our next class. The final deadline for requirements to be submitted is June 15, 2015.
Each year the ELOC program accepts a maximum of 25 students for enrollment. Because of this limited enrollment, we encourage you to apply early. Qualified students who apply after the class is filled will be placed on a waiting list. To be considered for this program ALL requirements must be received by the final deadline, June 15, 2015.
- Apply online.
- Apply for Fall Semester.
- Choose Graduate Student or International Graduate Student.
ELOC Cost and Refund Policy
The program cost for the Fall 2015 cohort will be $32,500, pending board of regents appoval. The total cost covers 10 courses in the program plus the international experience at the end of the ELOC program. The total cost also covers all fees, cost of textbooks and meals.
*ELOC participants are allowed to postpone their international experience for one year if any unforeseen circumstances prevent them from participating in the experience in their regular year.The cost for the international experience is non-refundable.
- Any refund to the ELOC tuition for each semester is governed by the general NKU policy on tuition refund, and any student who withdraws from the program either voluntarily or involuntarily forfeits the international experience including any advance payments for the experience.
- Qualified students who are seeking Kentucky tuition waiver will be afforded the opportunity and may be entitled to the tuition waiver if spaces are available in the program. This tuition waiver will not cover the entire cost of the ELOC program. Please check with your HR department for more details on the coverage benefits.
- There may be additional cost associated with any postponment of the international trip due to the increase in travel cost each year.
Continuing Enrollment Policy
If a student cannot complete the full program due to personal or professional reasons, He or she has an option to return with another cohort to complete the remaining portion of the program or to transfer up to nine (9) credit hours to another master’s program at the Haile/US Bank College of Business (e.g., MBA program).