Department of Construction Management
Who Are We?
We provide our students with a solid platform of construction education, and practical tools enabling them to occupy leading positions in the construction industry with its three major segments:
- Heavy / Civil
We equip our students with the technical as well as the business tools enabling them, if they choose, to run their own businesses.
Every graduating student will be awarded a Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, together with a business minor (Management, Business, or Entrepreneurship).
Who Are Construction Managers?
- Construction Managers are task oriented people, incorporating theoretical and hands-on experiences related to both filed and office work.
- We manage construction projects from inception to completion; from the time the project is an idea in an Owner’s mind, to the time the project needs to be disposed of.
- We are builders, managers, surveyors, estimators, schedulers, safety specialists, project superintendents, field engineers, and above all: fun people to interact with.
Goals and Objectives
The values guiding the department in its pursuit of its vision and achieving its mission are instilled in its faculty, staff, and students with the goal of achieving excellence in everything we touch. These values are:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Environmental Stewardship
- Engagement with the Community
The Construction Management program at Northern Kentucky University strives to be nationally recognized for its ability to consistently graduate the best professionally, technically, and ethically educated individuals in the different fields of Construction Management, and the ability to attract the most professionally and academically qualified faculty.
Our mission is to prepare CMGT graduates for professional excellence through an innovative curriculum creating well-prepared graduates who are technically and administratively competent, and who will be desired by leading companies in the different fields of construction managment.
Our mission is achieved by providing:
- State-of-the-art knowledge and technologies meeting market demand
- Real-world case studies and interaction with the construction industry
- Effective and timely advising and counseling to enhance learning and ensure planned progress
- Persistent focus on the importance of ethical practices and professionalism in the construction industry.